THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Celine has suggested that Charice Pempengco do a duet with her

It was announced during the Oprah Winfrey show last September 9th, and Cha-watchers have been anticipating the Celine concert with a renewed interest.
In the Oprah Winfrey show, Celine has suggested that Charice do a duet with her, “Because You Loved Me” and dedicate it to her mother, who has been a pillar of support for the youngster since she started joining singing contests since she was yea’ high up until now, when her talent is being discovered and appreciated.

and what a tribute it was! Here’s an excerpt on the introduction made by Celine:

“You know, usually I do not talk but tonight there is something very special that I would like to speak to you about. A few weeks ago I received a call from my dear friend Oprah (audience shouts) who actually told me about an incredible young singer (applause), whom she discovered a while back. If you watched Oprah last week, you know all about her. This young lady’s name is Charice. (applause) She’s 16 years old and she’s from the Philippines. Let me tell you, she has a voice that can literally blow the roof of Madison Square Garden. And she just might. But the real story is how Charice and her mom’s terrifying experience, and had to leave violent father, to start life of their own. Charice vowed to save her mom from a life of desparation and despair. You know, through prayers, dreams and God-given Talent, incredible voice, Charice entered and won every singing contest in her native country. And eventually noticed by such influential people, you know, like Oprah. And Oprah took her under her wings and David Foster joined her.

You know I had a chance to see Charice perform one of my songs on Oprah last week. I have a little bit of difficulty talking right now because I met Charice and i got so emotional. And so I’m searching, looking for words, trying to control my emotions.

I invited her tonight to sing with me, where are you sweetheart?

Charice and her mom were seated in the audience (section 147), she stood and walked to the stage, where Celine was waiting. Dressed in a deep-purple empire-waisted cocktail dress, with shirred bodice and cap sleeves accented with a lime green ribbon, and her hair parted on the left, held in place by a barrette, she was a picture of young innocence. Celine met and hugged her the moment she got onstage, and they held hands towards the center. Charice’s voice could barely be heard while Celine was talking to her, saying she was nervous.

Celine said these inspiring words, to help allay her nervousness:

First of all let me tell you, you look spectacular, you look so beautiful… People understand that you are nervous, let me tell you, talent you have it; you strength we’re not even going to talk about it because you have. Now I have to tell you that the family, we will talk because you have to. One time, my manager, my husband, told me, coz when I started to sing, I was 12 years old. So 12 and 16 it’s the same (eliciting a laugh from the audience). He told I know you are nervous, don’t be you’re scared. You love to sing, when you go up there you’ll be nervous. But I’ll give you an image you’ll think about, think that all these people in front of you are your brothers. They cannot wait to hear you sing.
So I think you want to dedicate the song to your mother, so we’re gonna sing Because You Loved Me for your Mother.

Someone in the audience started chanting “Go Charice!” before they started singing. The audience reacted to almost every word that Celine said. Mom Racquel was shown on the screen in the middle of the song.

Celine was a gracious host, allowing Charice to be in her element and shine throughout the whole song. The emotion that is inspired when these two sang, is so intense, I can’t see the keyboard in front of me. The audience themselves were already standing halfway through the song, and gave a thunderous and very looong round of applause after they finished the song.

And don’t forget, this performance will be shown on Oprah on the 19th, so set your TIVOs on, or join us on the Friday night watch, to catch the first airing of Oprah।

0 comments: